Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Yolanda Yolanda is offline

Default How do I print only the first pages of merged letters?

I often create multiple paged merged letters. Typically, I want to print only
the first pages on letterhead, then reinsert them to print page 2 on the back
to create a double sided letter (our pinter is not sophisticated enough to
print double sided letters). Sometimes the letters are 3-4 pages long and I
will be doing the same with these latter pages.

How do I print only one page of multiple paged merged letters?

Many thanks,
Yolanda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You would need to execute the merge to a new document and in that document,
each letter will be in a separate section. You then need to get Word to
print the first page in each section of the document by specifying p1s1,
p1s2 - p1sn where n is the total number of sections in the document.

It may be simpler to split the main document into separate pages, each one
attached to the same data source and then execute the merge for each page
separately.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Yolanda" wrote in message
I often create multiple paged merged letters. Typically, I want to print
only
the first pages on letterhead, then reinsert them to print page 2 on the
back
to create a double sided letter (our pinter is not sophisticated enough to
print double sided letters). Sometimes the letters are 3-4 pages long and
will be doing the same with these latter pages.

How do I print only one page of multiple paged merged letters?

Many thanks,
Yolanda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Yolanda Yolanda is offline

Thank you Doug. I will try it out.

I have split pages into their own merge in the past, but because "live"
information is on both or all the pages, I would then have to repeat the name
of the person on each page in order to ensure the correct matching and I
don't always want to do that.

Cheers,
Yolanda