Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BR BR is offline

Default Combining 2 Word Docs

Hi,

I'm trying to combine 2 word docs that was created in word 2003 but
everytime I try to do it, word crashes. Word uses 100 cpu after the combine.
I have tried saving the document as a rtf file and then combining it but that
didn't work. I also tried doing a ctrl+End and the ctrl+shift+home, copy the
text over to a new document and the combine it but still no luck. Has anybody
else came across this issue before? Does anyone know of a solution or a work
around for me to solve this issue?

Thanks,
BR
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Start by renaming the Normal template; this ensures that your blank documents
are trouble-free. Then try copying each of the source files except for the
final paragraph mark (Ctrl+A, Shift+Left arrow, Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V)
into a blank document.

If this doesn't help, look specifically for corruption in the source files.
See
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/corruptdoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom