Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandra Sandra is offline

Default LISTNUM Field - Problems with Hidden Text

I have been using the LISTNUM field to restart the numbering on the List
Number styles. In other documents, I have always selected the field and set
it as a white font so it remains hidden; however, in one document, when I set
it as white, it remains visible and is set to a red font.

I turned tracking off, thinking that was throwing it off. But even with the
tracking off, it remains visible. Although it is set as white text, it
appears in the print preview and prints out with the rest of the text in
black.

What would cause this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that it isn't enough to turn of Track Changes. You must also accept the
changes made. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sandra" wrote in message
I have been using the LISTNUM field to restart the numbering on the List
Number styles. In other documents, I have always selected the field and
set
it as a white font so it remains hidden; however, in one document, when I
set
it as white, it remains visible and is set to a red font.

I turned tracking off, thinking that was throwing it off. But even with
the
tracking off, it remains visible. Although it is set as white text, it
appears in the print preview and prints out with the rest of the text in
black.

What would cause this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline