Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Default Small and Large Capitalization

In legal citations we are required to use large and small capitalization in
our sentences without lower case letters.

Can you tell me how do this in Vista Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:49:00 -0700, Dan
wrote:

In legal citations we are required to use large and small capitalization in
our sentences without lower case letters.

Can you tell me how do this in Vista Word?

As in any version of Word -- right-click the text to be formatted,
choose Font, and check the box for Small Caps.

The right way to do this is to define a new style -- which should
probably be a character style rather than a paragraph style -- that
has small caps as part of its definition. Then apply the style to any
text that requires it. That way you can change the formatting quickly
to any font or size.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

In Word we adjust the format of the font to include Small Caps. Locate
the Font group in the Home Tab. Click the Dialog Launcher to display the
Font dialog box. Place a checkmark in the Small Caps option.

You may also find my "Tips for Law Firms (and other former WordPerfect
users) useful as well.

Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and questions
to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Dan" wrote in message
:

In legal citations we are required to use large and small capitalization in
our sentences without lower case letters.

Can you tell me how do this in Vista Word?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/29/2007 9:46 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Dawn and Jay,

Both of your suggestions were easy to understand and apply. Thank you for
your help!

Dan

"Dan" wrote in message
:

In legal citations we are required to use large and small capitalization in
our sentences without lower case letters.

Can you tell me how do this in Vista Word?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/29/2007 9:46 PM

capitalization of first letter in each row gailcu Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 07 04:49 PM
capitalization TJ Microsoft Word Help 1 January 29th 07 12:46 AM
Capitalization Kat Microsoft Word Help 1 May 25th 06 08:10 PM
capitalization Mina Microsoft Word Help 1 November 5th 05 05:01 PM
capitalization Rich M Microsoft Word Help 5 June 21st 05 09:22 PM