Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cone Cone is offline

Default Word files in "blue"

i have noticed that within file folders, some of my word docs are colored
"black" and some are "blue". The reason appears to be time - the "blue"
files are older than the "black" files. i cannot figure out just exactly how
old a file has to be to turn "blue". How can i adjust this so that files
turn blue after a certain amount of time? thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Blue files are encrypted or compressed (see Windows Help).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cone" wrote in message
i have noticed that within file folders, some of my word docs are colored
"black" and some are "blue". The reason appears to be time - the "blue"
files are older than the "black" files. i cannot figure out just exactly
how
old a file has to be to turn "blue". How can i adjust this so that files
turn blue after a certain amount of time? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cone Cone is offline

Thanks for the reply. i dont' know how to encrypt so i suppose that the
files are compressed. I do a disk cleanup on a regular basis, during which i
"compress old files". Still not all of my old files turn blue. I tried to
use Help, but could not figure out what to look for (blue files was not
correct). Anything else you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.
Thnkss.

"Cone" wrote in message
i have noticed that within file folders, some of my word docs are colored
"black" and some are "blue". The reason appears to be time - the "blue"
files are older than the "black" files. i cannot figure out just exactly
how
old a file has to be to turn "blue". How can i adjust this so that files
turn blue after a certain amount of time? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think there's a setting to "Automatically compress all files older
than..." If you search Windows Help for "compress," you'll probably learn
more. If not, you can ask in a Windows newsgroup.

"Cone" wrote in message
i have noticed that within file folders, some of my word docs are

colored
"black" and some are "blue". The reason appears to be time - the

"blue"
files are older than the "black" files. i cannot figure out just

exactly
how
old a file has to be to turn "blue". How can i adjust this so that

files
turn blue after a certain amount of time? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cone Cone is offline

Thanks. Here' s a really dumb one: i know where WORD help is found; where
is WINDOWS help found?

"Cone" wrote in message
i have noticed that within file folders, some of my word docs are

colored
"black" and some are "blue". The reason appears to be time - the

"blue"
files are older than the "black" files. i cannot figure out just

exactly
how
old a file has to be to turn "blue". How can i adjust this so that

files
turn blue after a certain amount of time? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

If you will open you’re My Computer folder there is a Help Menu

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Cone" wrote in message
:

Thanks. Here' s a really dumb one: i know where WORD help is found; where
is WINDOWS help found?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/2/2007 11:10 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cone Cone is offline

thanks Dawn. This helped me find Windows Help. Still trying to figure out
the "black" and "blue" files. Will try posting in Windows. Thank you.

: