Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MichelleCh MichelleCh is offline

Default Sharing a template with the SpellCheck macro

I want to share this template with my fellow employees via our intranet. When
you open the template from the IE browser, it doesn't show the toolbar with
my new macro and it opens the actual template itself rather than a copy of
the form.

Is this possible? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

MichelleCh wrote:
I want to share this template with my fellow employees via our
intranet. When you open the template from the IE browser, it doesn't
show the toolbar with my new macro and it opens the actual template
itself rather than a copy of the form.

Is this possible? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

When you open a template on your own computer, the default action for a
double-click is "New", meaning "make a new document based on this template".
The IE browser doesn't understand "New"; its default action is "Open",
meaning "open this file directly".

On the page where your colleagues can click your template, write
instructions telling them that they must right-click the link and choose
"Save Target As", and download the template to their computer. Then they can
double-click it and get a new document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MichelleCh MichelleCh is offline

Hi Jay,
Thanks but it didn't solve the problem....the macro will not run any longer.
("The macro cannot be found or has been disabled by your macro security
settings")

Any other ideas?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

MichelleCh wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Look in Tools Macro Security and, if the level is set to High, reset it
to Medium. Also, open the Macros dialog (Alt+F8) and make sure the macro is
there.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

MichelleCh wrote:
[...]

newsgroup so all may benefit.

Sharing a global template Lois Page Layout 6 July 9th 06 05:55 AM
Spellcheck Macro rochma2003 Microsoft Word Help 4 March 10th 06 09:51 PM
Macro Sharing bspangler New Users 2 February 23rd 06 09:59 PM
Cant' get word.mvps spellcheck macro to function CozmicOne Microsoft Word Help 2 February 23rd 06 04:06 PM
Sharing the Normal Template Martin Microsoft Word Help 1 January 24th 06 04:52 PM