Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christina Christina is offline

Default Using Word 2000 to Compare Word 2003 Documents

We have a lawyer who just joined our firm. The documents he brought with him
were created in Word 2003. We are using Word 2000 in the firm.

When he attempts to use Word 2000 to compare two of his documents the
results are incorrect i.e., information is tracked as underlined as though
inserted in the latest version yet the information had been in both documents
and had not been changed.

When he transfers the same documents to his personal laptop that has Word
2003 and compares the documents, he gets correct results.

Can anyone confirm if Word 2000 can not correctly compare documents created
in a higher version? We don't want to have to install Word 2003 on his
computer as it is not the firm standard.
--
Christina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Lots of improvements to the Compare and Merge feature were included in
the 2003 version. Even more in 2007, so it does not surprise me that he
gets better results with 2003 when working with 2003 documents.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Christina" wrote in message
:

We have a lawyer who just joined our firm. The documents he brought with him
were created in Word 2003. We are using Word 2000 in the firm.

When he attempts to use Word 2000 to compare two of his documents the
results are incorrect i.e., information is tracked as underlined as though
inserted in the latest version yet the information had been in both documents
and had not been changed.

When he transfers the same documents to his personal laptop that has Word
2003 and compares the documents, he gets correct results.

Can anyone confirm if Word 2000 can not correctly compare documents created
in a higher version? We don't want to have to install Word 2003 on his
computer as it is not the firm standard.
--
Christina

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/2/2007 11:10 AM