Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
surindra surindra is offline

Default maximum bytes that can be written into a text file?

Hi,
Can anyone tell me wht is the maximum number of bytes that a textfile can
store? is there any limit to it?
I need this information, because i have to log error messages into a text
file. So want to know how many it can accomodate.

If anyone can tell me, its behaviour after the file has reached its maximum
limit and a write is called?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi Surindra,

I think it is a matter of the operating system,
how big a file can get. Whether text-file or not
doesn't matter. You may create text-files that are so big
that you can't open them in any ordinary editor any more.
Many many million bytes...

The biggest so called text-file I've processed so far,
had about 350,000 lines of about 50 characters each.

Can anyone tell me wht is the maximum number of bytes that a textfile can
store? is there any limit to it?
I need this information, because i have to log error messages into a text
file. So want to know how many it can accomodate.

Create a log file for every day, hour, month, whatever.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003