Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

Default macro problem

hi;

I have a form with a macro as I have 25 selection list on it. And the
selection list for all the fields are associated with the country field that
the user selects.
It is running successfully in my laptop. However, when I send it to my
client, the macro is no longer available.Can anyone guide me to on how to
make the macro runs automatically once the client open the form?FYI, this
form will be distibuted to lots of users, thus all of them are not located
within the same network. I found that the exit macro is no longer available
when I send the form to my client.

Appreciate if anyone could help urgently. Thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

If you send a document (a normal document or a template) to someone else,
macros will not be available to the receiver unless they are stored directly
in that document or in a global add-in that is also available to the receiver.

My guess is that you stored the macro in your Normal.dot and not in the
document in question.

Note however, that even if you copy the macro to the document, the
individual users' macro security settings may prevent the macro from running.

See these articles:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...buteMacros.htm
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...latesStore.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"ah" wrote:

hi;

I have a form with a macro as I have 25 selection list on it. And the
selection list for all the fields are associated with the country field that
the user selects.
It is running successfully in my laptop. However, when I send it to my
client, the macro is no longer available.Can anyone guide me to on how to
make the macro runs automatically once the client open the form?FYI, this
form will be distibuted to lots of users, thus all of them are not located
within the same network. I found that the exit macro is no longer available
when I send the form to my client.

Appreciate if anyone could help urgently. Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If the macro is in a template, and the form that you're sending to others is
a document based on the template, that's the problem. When you base a
document on a template, any macros remain only in the template and are not
copied into the document. Sending the document without the template then
breaks the linkage to the macro.

The easiest solution is to send the template itself. Be sure to explain to
the recipients that if a macro warning appears on opening the template, they
should click the Enable button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Macro Recording Problem PA New Users 1 December 7th 05 02:26 AM
A Template/Macro problem PA New Users 3 December 3rd 05 06:10 PM
Repeating Data Macro problem Tpeila Microsoft Word Help 0 September 19th 05 10:03 PM
Run macro on Exit problem Leonard Microsoft Word Help 3 August 24th 05 10:29 PM
Macro toolbar problem Dave Neve Microsoft Word Help 2 August 15th 05 12:38 PM