Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kipandsheril kipandsheril is offline

Default Why does the mail merge print a whole sheet of the same label?

I have created a custom label, actually an A4 business card, for use as name
tags at a conference. These are printed in portrait - the writing going
sideways - with additional designs added. When I do the mail merge, the final
merged document has a whole sheet of the same name - a sheet of record 1,
then a sheet of record 11, etc.

I have tried the mail merge two different ways: In Word using an Excel data
source and in Outlook after importing my contacts from the Excel data. Both
ways I come up with the same problem. PLEASE HELP!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do you definitely have one { NEXT } field (use Alt-F9 to check) at the
beginning of each label cell except the first?

(It sounds as if you must, but please check anyway).

Which version of Word?
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"kipandsheril" wrote in message
I have created a custom label, actually an A4 business card, for use as
name
tags at a conference. These are printed in portrait - the writing going
sideways - with additional designs added. When I do the mail merge, the
final
merged document has a whole sheet of the same name - a sheet of record 1,
then a sheet of record 11, etc.

I have tried the mail merge two different ways: In Word using an Excel
data
source and in Outlook after importing my contacts from the Excel data.
Both
ways I come up with the same problem. PLEASE HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
and http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

As Peter suggests it seems as though you have this setup as a form letter
merge and have not inserted the NEXT record fields which a label merge would
correctly place for you.