Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sarah sarah is offline

Default M.Merge '02- Each page of labels has a duplicate contact.

I am attempting to make labels with Mail merge 2002 with about 810 contacts
listed in an Excell spreadsheet... When I get to the completion stage of
Mail Merge Wizard, I proof the labels, and as I scroll through each page of
labels, there are duplicated contacts on each page.

For example:

The first page of labels has Joe Smith on the First Column- First Row label.
The second page of labels has Joe Smith on the Second Column- First Row label.
The third page of labels has Joe Smith on the Third Column- First Row label.

Even though my list in Excell only has Joe Smith listed one time.

I've even tried using an Excell spreadsheet with only 30 contacts, but it
still does the same thing. I end up with 25 pages of labels of duplicate
contacts. As you get to the last pages of labels, only one or two of the
labels are filled in, and the rest are blank.

Please help. I've tried to find different settings to get it to do it right,
but I cannot seem to figure it out. In fact, I've been using this process for
a while now, and it has never done this to me before. All advise would be
much appreciated! Thx!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you are /previewing/ labels, this is normal Word behavior - in essence,
Word displays the page starting from the "current" record in the data
source.

What you need to do is "complete the merge", either by merging to a new
document, or merging to the printer (which is not the same as using
File|Print or the Print button to print to the printer). Initially, I
suggest you merge to a new document so you can verify that the output is
what you expect.

If you are using the Mail Merge Wizard, it's probably simpler to enable the
MailMerge toolbar, e.g. using View|Toolbars, then find the various Merge
buttons near the right hand end of the toolbar.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Sarah" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sarah sarah is offline

Thank you very much! That is exactly what I needed to do. When I merged into
a new document, it straitened them all up. Thanks again!!!