Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave Dave is offline

Default recipient list

I am importing a recipient list from access and only about half of the people
in the access list appear in the recipient list when imported into word. If I
copy the access list into excel and then import it into word from excel I get
the full list appearing but I can not get them all direct from access.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Access/Excel/Word?

How are you actually doing the import when you do it directly into Word?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Dave" wrote in message
I am importing a recipient list from access and only about half of the
people
in the access list appear in the recipient list when imported into word.
If I
copy the access list into excel and then import it into word from excel I
get
the full list appearing but I can not get them all direct from access.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave Dave is offline

Office 2007

I am importing by mail merge selecting the list that I require from access
(or excel). The list in access is created by a birthdate range or selecting a
tick box - only the tick box once are being imported but it does not appear
that there are any filters that have been put on to alter the list in word.

Thanks

Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
I am importing a recipient list from access and only about half of the
people
in the access list appear in the recipient list when imported into word.
If I
copy the access list into excel and then import it into word from excel I
get
the full list appearing but I can not get them all direct from access.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The list in access is created by a birthdate range or selecting a
tick box

So the list is the result of an Access query? Or something else?

At the moment it's not at all obvious to me what the problem might be (and I
don't have Access 2007 here so cannot check that version specifically),
but...
a. are you seeing the partial list in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog? If
so, what you may have done is create a MailMerge main document that has a
{ NEXT } field (Next record field in it that should not be there. A
merge would skip every other record. However, the fact that only "ticked
records" are being selected suggests that probably isn't what's happening
here.
b. if you change the connection method to DDE, do you still see the same
results - to do that, check Office button-Word
options-Advanced-General-Confirm file format conversion on open, go
through the connection process again, and select the DDE method in the
additional dialog box that pops up. If you just see "OLE DB databases",
check the box in that new dialog box and DDE should be listed.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Edit Recipient List Doo Mailmerge 3 September 6th 07 02:51 PM
How do I print a recipient list from a mail merge list in Word? Randog Mailmerge 1 June 20th 06 06:52 PM
Remove recipient list Steve Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 06 03:48 PM
Edit recipient list Joanne Mailmerge 6 January 13th 06 08:44 AM
Recipient List Sharon Mailmerge 1 January 11th 06 04:59 AM