Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rcaquest rcaquest is offline

Default Word email merger problems

Everytime I try to perform an email merge between word with the data source
being excel, the merged information is not set to outlook. I'm using 2007
word, excel and outloot. The merge field information changes but information
has not been emailed. What would cause this problem?
--
RCAQuest
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The thing that seems most likely to cure this (I still don't know what
causes it) is to use e.g. Word Office button|Word options|Resources|Run
Microsoft Office Diagnostics (using the Diagnose button). There may be an
equivalent option in Outlook 2007 - I don't know.

A number of people have reported similar problems over the years - recently
I suggested to someone that she contact MS support and she later reported:

It turns out there was something with my Word. They uninstalled microsoft
office, deleted the relevant registry files and reinstalled, and it all
worked beutifully!

i.e. unfortunately, we never found out the details of the cure :-(

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk