Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Victoria@DIG Victoria@DIG is offline

Default Merging a Groupby Access Query for emailing

Hello:

It's possible Word is not the best application for this. I have a groupby
Access query that lists employee names (once per report) then lists all
vacations reported. (Each vacation is recorded as a seperate record.)

Data Sample:
First Name Type of Leave Date
Katie Vacation 13-Aug-07
Katie Vacation 14-Aug-07
Katie Vacation 15-Aug-07
Katie Vacation 16-Aug-07

Report Sample
Katie
Vacation
8/13/2007
8/14/2007
8/15/2007
8/16/2007

I'd like to be able to email each person their personal report. However,
I'm not sure how to perform this. The Access report is seperated so that
each person has their own page. But if I try and merge the data, each record
creates a single page.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Access version: Access 2003
Word version: Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You are right that Word is not ideal - in this case, you would have to
merge to a new document, then split the document into one document for each
employee, then e-mail them.

To set up the mail merge main document in this case you need to look at the
following article and translate it for your particular field names and
output:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211303/en-us

--
Peter Jamieson