Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Derek Hart Derek Hart is offline

Default Mail Merge Field - Font Switch?

I know ahead of time when I put a merge field into a document that it will
be a wingdings font, but if I make the field wingdings, the template looks
pretty stupid because the whole field is in wingdings. Is there some kind of
switch I can put on a merge field, or some way to designate that it should
be the wingdings font without having to highlight the WHOLE field and make
it wingdings?

Derek

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Select the first non-space letter of your field, e.g. the "M" of Mergefield,
and apply the font you want., and add a \*charformat switch to the field.
Select the field and update it.

(Personally I would prefer a \*font "fontname" switch or some such, but it
doesn't exist)

Peter Jamieson

"Derek Hart" wrote in message

I know ahead of time when I put a merge field into a document that it will
be a wingdings font, but if I make the field wingdings, the template looks
pretty stupid because the whole field is in wingdings. Is there some kind
of switch I can put on a merge field, or some way to designate that it
should be the wingdings font without having to highlight the WHOLE field
and make it wingdings?

Derek

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

MYFIELD \*Charformat

charformat switch applies the format of the first letter of the statement to
the rest of the field - in this case you can format just the "M" as
wingdings (whatever you want)