Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat B Pat B is offline

Default Merge into a table?

Can I set up a merge to go from Excel (list of names, addresses and an ID
number) into a Word Table? If yes, please either list the steps or point me
to a document that will describe what I need to do. Have been researching the
various help sites, but haven't found anything that works so far.

Thx
Pat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Yes you can - although the amount of rows is not dynamic - e.g. you have to
create as many (few more) than you need

Easiest method is just create one row/record with as many fields/columns as
you need
Insert the correct field into the correct column
In the last column you need to Insert a Next field (increment to next
record)

Run it to make sure you're happy with the result

Copy/Paste as many (few more) rows than you need

"Pat B" wrote in message
Can I set up a merge to go from Excel (list of names, addresses and an ID
number) into a Word Table? If yes, please either list the steps or point
me
to a document that will describe what I need to do. Have been researching
the
various help sites, but haven't found anything that works so far.

Thx
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat B Pat B is offline

The problem I am having is that the mail merge tools are all greyed out and I
can't figure out what to do to activate them ...

"Pat B" wrote in message
Can I set up a merge to go from Excel (list of names, addresses and an ID
number) into a Word Table? If yes, please either list the steps or point
me
to a document that will describe what I need to do. Have been researching
the
various help sites, but haven't found anything that works so far.

Thx
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Attach a data source to the document - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

"Pat B" wrote in message
Can I set up a merge to go from Excel (list of names, addresses and
an ID number) into a Word Table? If yes, please either list the
steps or point me
to a document that will describe what I need to do. Have been
researching the
various help sites, but haven't found anything that works so far.

Thx
Pat

Can I merge a table that I split back into a single table? Picasso1986 Tables 1 September 1st 07 08:00 PM
Show % in Table from Merge Dave Mailmerge 2 May 13th 07 05:40 AM
Merge to a table JethroUK© Mailmerge 2 July 8th 06 08:39 AM
Merge into a table vcSmall Mailmerge 1 March 21st 06 08:34 PM
Merge into a table Milco Mailmerge 5 July 12th 05 02:56 PM