Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
angelitatejana87 angelitatejana87 is offline

Default automatically merging the date

Is there a way that I can print a regular document (i.e. a sign-in sheet) and
have it print for different dates automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

you can Insert the date field which will print whatever date you use it - if
you need any more you'll have to post more details

"angelitatejana87" wrote in
message ...
Is there a way that I can print a regular document (i.e. a sign-in sheet)
and
have it print for different dates automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
angelitatejana87 angelitatejana87 is offline

well I really want it to automatically generate the next 30 days when it
prints w/o me having to change the date each time I print the document for a
different day. Is there a way to set that up?

"JethroUK©" wrote:

you can Insert the date field which will print whatever date you use it - if
you need any more you'll have to post more details

"angelitatejana87" wrote in
message ...
Is there a way that I can print a regular document (i.e. a sign-in sheet)
and
have it print for different dates automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

i dont think word supports dates that well - i would be inclined to create
them in Excel (just type start date and autofill it down as far as you
need - 15 seconds maybe?) - what are you currently use as your data
source? - if it's a word table just copy/paste special as text (not XL
sheet)

"angelitatejana87" wrote in
message ...

"JethroUK©" wrote:

you can Insert the date field which will print whatever date you use it -
if
you need any more you'll have to post more details

"angelitatejana87" wrote in
message ...
Is there a way that I can print a regular document (i.e. a sign-in
sheet)
and
have it print for different dates automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need to copy the document 30 times so you have a document of 30
pages. On the first document insert a date field

On the next page the following fields will increment the current date by 1

{QUOTE
{SET Delay 1}
{SET a{=INT((14-{DATE \@ M})/12)}}
{SET b{={DATE \@ yyyy}+4800-a}}
{SET c{={DATE \@ M}+12*a-3}}
{SET d{DATE \@ d}}
{SET
jd{=d+INT((153*c+2)/5)+365*b+INT(b/4)-INT(b/100)+INT(b/400)-32045+Delay}}
{SET e{=INT((4*(jd+32044)+3)/146097)}}
{SET f{=jd+32044-INT(146097*e/4)}}
{SET g{=INT((4*f+3)/1461)}}
{SET h{=f-INT(1461*g/4)}}
{SET i{=INT((5*h+2)/153)}}
{SET dd{=h-INT((153*i+2)/5)+1}}
{SET mm{=i+3-12*INT(i/10)}}
{SET yy{=100*e+g-4800+INT(i/10)}}
"{dd}-{mm}-{yy}" \@ "dddd, d MMMM yyyy"}

Increase the delay in the second line by one for each addituinal day you
require.
Change the switch in the lasy line to give the date format you require, and
to save typing errors you will find the construction on page 6 of Macropod's
excellent work on date fields which you can download from
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party and copy the relevant part
to your document.

wrote in message
Is there a way that I can print a regular document (i.e. a sign-in
sheet) and
have it print for different dates automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can try the approach described in http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0004.htm .

Peter Jamieson

"angelitatejana87" wrote in