Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geri Geri is offline

Default Merging Excel to Word

Hi there, I'm merging an excel sheet into Word and the date format is coming
out americanised ie mmddyyyy instead of ddmmyyyy, someone via this site has
given me the correct codes but they are still not working, when I'm pressing
shift F9 to change they are coming up as the correct format, but still
showing wrongly, is there any known bugs with this that there is a patch to
fix it?

Any help would be greatly received
Warmest Regards
Geri
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are using Word/Excel XP (2002) as far as I know this problem should
have been fixed by a service pack some years ago (I think 2002 is up to
Service Pack 3 (SP3) now - you can get these packs from the microsoft web
site - see http://www.microsoft.com/downloads ,or if you are in a corporate
environment you would typically have to ask your I.T. support people.

Otherwise, which version of Word, Excel and Windows?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Geri" wrote in message
Hi there, I'm merging an excel sheet into Word and the date format is
coming
out americanised ie mmddyyyy instead of ddmmyyyy, someone via this site
has
given me the correct codes but they are still not working, when I'm
pressing
shift F9 to change they are coming up as the correct format, but still
showing wrongly, is there any known bugs with this that there is a patch
fix it?

Any help would be greatly received
Warmest Regards
Geri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geri Geri is offline

Hi Peter, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but thanks for your
help the versions are;

Word 2003 SP2
Excel 2003 SP2
XP Professional 2002 SP2

I am really stumped with this one, any help would be much appreciated

Warmest regards
Geri

"Geri" wrote in message
Hi there, I'm merging an excel sheet into Word and the date format is
coming
out americanised ie mmddyyyy instead of ddmmyyyy, someone via this site
has
given me the correct codes but they are still not working, when I'm
pressing
shift F9 to change they are coming up as the correct format, but still
showing wrongly, is there any known bugs with this that there is a patch
fix it?

Any help would be greatly received
Warmest Regards
Geri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, at the moment I am on Office 2003 SP3 and I do not see this with the
examples I am using but
a. can you select one of the offending dates in Excel and tell us what
format you see in Format|Cells (and what the Locale box says underneath)?
b. if all the date cells are formatted the same way but the Locale box says
something other than "English (United Kingdom)" can you try
- selecting all the cells in the column (except maybe the header cell)
- in Format Cells, if you don't see "Date", then select Date, select the
"English (United Kingdom)" locale, and select the format you want.

I'm assuming you have the Regional settings in Control Panel set to UK and
the date format in there to the usual DD/MM/YYYY UK settings.

You can always try checking Word Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions
at open, going through the conneciton process again, and selecting the DDE
option when offered, but that has its own problems and as far as I can see
you should not really have to.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Geri" wrote in message
Hi there, I'm merging an excel sheet into Word and the date format is
coming
out americanised ie mmddyyyy instead of ddmmyyyy, someone via this site
has
given me the correct codes but they are still not working, when I'm
pressing
shift F9 to change they are coming up as the correct format, but still
showing wrongly, is there any known bugs with this that there is a
patch
fix it?

Any help would be greatly received
Warmest Regards
Geri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Geri" wrote in message
Hi there, I'm merging an excel sheet into Word and the date format is
coming
out americanised ie mmddyyyy instead of ddmmyyyy, someone via this site
has
given me the correct codes but they are still not working, when I'm
pressing
shift F9 to change they are coming up as the correct format, but still
showing wrongly, is there any known bugs with this that there is a
patch
fix it?

Any help would be greatly received
Warmest Regards
Geri

Merging from Excel to Word. Tree Branch[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 2 May 22nd 07 05:32 AM
Merging Excel to Word Ness Mailmerge 1 April 27th 07 07:30 AM
merging from excel to word LERY616 Mailmerge 3 July 19th 06 08:00 PM
Merging excel with Word $ and % format is lost when merging Mailmerge 1 March 31st 05 05:04 PM
Merging from Excel into word Wim Willemse Mailmerge 3 March 31st 05 12:17 PM