Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Default Anyway to get it to display the correct page numbers?

I have a mail merge to rows in a table - The main document is just on the
one page but after merging to a new document the table spans 6-7 pages

It all works fine except the page incrementing is not performed - I have
opened headers/footers, select all, F9 - but still all the pages say 1
Anyway to get it to display the correct page numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

I did find out that these extra page are considered as 'sections' & so
replaced the {page} field with {section} field and now works fine - i
haven't managed to replaces the {pages} field if any has any ideas

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have a mail merge to rows in a table - The main document is just on the
one page but after merging to a new document the table spans 6-7 pages

It all works fine except the page incrementing is not performed - I have
opened headers/footers, select all, F9 - but still all the pages say 1
Anyway to get it to display the correct page numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If it's a Directory/Catalog merge I wouldn't expect new sections.

FWIW there'sno "NUMSECTIONS" equivalent of "NUMPAGES"

Peter Jamieson

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have a mail merge to rows in a table - The main document is just on the
one page but after merging to a new document the table spans 6-7 pages

It all works fine except the page incrementing is not performed - I have
opened headers/footers, select all, F9 - but still all the pages say 1
Anyway to get it to display the correct page numbers?

How do I correct position of page numbers in Table of Contents sdgatch Microsoft Word Help 2 July 13th 07 02:34 PM
Table of contents not showing correct page numbers rwt_ray Microsoft Word Help 3 December 26th 06 08:37 PM
TOC for Tables. Page numbers are correct, Table numbers are not. Kristi Tables 4 July 31st 06 10:22 PM
Display Page Numbers Dave New Users 2 June 3rd 05 03:07 PM
How can I correct my page numbers; they're all zeros? trainer07 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 26th 05 06:29 PM