Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
WeeBs WeeBs is offline

Default Black blobs in my letter

My client is using Office 2003. She has a mail merge that she processes
frequently. On the odd occasion, after merging, as soon as she presses
Ctrl+P to print, each of the merged fields seem to condense into a single
space. The printed output cannot be used, and it also displays like this.
Despite closing everything down and restarting her PC, it sometimes
continues to occur.
Can anybody shed any light on why this occurs and how to overcome it?

Thanks in advance!

WeeBs.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think the first things I would try in this case are
a. recreate the mail merge main document and data source from scratch, if
possible
b. perform a Word|Help|Office check and repair (or whatever the option is
called).

But obviously it's rather difficult with an intermittent problem like this
to determine whether or not the problem has disappeared.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk