Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
McRibIsBack McRibIsBack is offline

Default Keyboard Shortcuts / AutoText Entries

I work in an environment where we generate thousands of letters and am trying
to speed up the process. I know how to create AutoText entries for these
letters & create a new toolbar for them and all that. What I'm looking to do
however, is see if it's possible to have one or any type of shortcut created
where the text (letter) will be pulled from a centralized location.

Put it this way, I want to to single click a toolbar or do a Keyboard
shortcut that will pull a letter from a shared library. So that if there are
ever any changes to the letter, we can just make the change to the letter and
not have to update everyone's AutoText entries. (we have over 100 associates).

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Seems to me that you should be using a template that contains the text of
the letter, an possibly also a userform into which the user enters the
details that would make the letter unique for the recipient.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"McRibIsBack" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
McRibIsBack McRibIsBack is offline

ok I will try that, my only concern is that we send dozens of different types
of letters. So will associates need to use a seperate template for the
different letters? I was hoping to avoid the process of file browsing.

Maybe what i want to do, word 03 isn't capable of and AutoText will have to
do. I'll try the Userform and see what happens.

thank you so much for your help Doug, Heaven awaits you!

--
McRib

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You probably should take a look at fellow MVP, Bill Coan's website at
http://www.wordsite.com/

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Keyboard Shortcuts Silver Fox Microsoft Word Help 10 October 10th 07 08:09 PM
Keyboard shortcuts LurfysMa New Users 1 June 12th 07 04:06 PM
keyboard shortcuts Rupert Bear Microsoft Word Help 4 December 28th 06 03:37 PM
Keyboard Shortcuts Hango Microsoft Word Help 3 March 8th 06 03:15 PM
keyboard shortcuts Dave in MP Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 10:23 AM