Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
malycom malycom is offline

Default Printing different pages from different trays

Hi

I have checked to see if this question has been asked and although there are
answers, none have worked for me so far.

So, I have a merged document with 300 clients in the Source Data. Each
merged document has 5 pages, the front of each is a CLients address on headed
paper page and the other 4 being plain paper. This document has been merged
as a single document so it looks like a 1500 page document instead of 300
(Clients) * 5 (pages) documents.

Going by answers found ion this section, I have tried to embed a Print Field
in the first page that will print each client details header page from Tray 2
of our printer. I have not embedded a Print field in the remaining pages as
these should defaut to tray 1 which is what I am after. The Print field is
embeded prior to finalising the merge so I can Alt F9 and see that the Print
Filed is in the documents on the correct pages.

I am not getting this to work. It is still prinintg all from tray 1 which
is plain paper.

We are using a Ricoh Aficio MP 2510 with a PCL6 driver.

These are the variations of Commands for the PCL that I have located and
tried.

{PRINT Ec&l4H}
{PRINT Ec"&l4H"}
{PRINT ESC&14H}
{PRINT C0 05 F8 26}
{PRINT 1B 26 6C 34 48}

Any other ideas? I have looked at a macro someone has put as an answer but
it is beyond me.

Quick recap

Tryint to print every Merged Address and Name page which has an enbedded
Print Field in it from tray 2 and all remaining pages to default to tray 1.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm