Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kimcox_74 kimcox_74 is offline

Default Mail merge dilemma!!

I am doing a mail merge in word 2003 but taking addresses from an excel
worksheet. When I get to choosing recepients the columns are all messed up.
Basically instead of customer, address, zip it just recognizes address & zip.
Whay is it not recognizing what I have in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What are the field names of your Excel data? Exact spelling including
spaces required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kimcox_74" wrote in message
I am doing a mail merge in word 2003 but taking addresses from an excel
worksheet. When I get to choosing recepients the columns are all messed
up.
Basically instead of customer, address, zip it just recognizes address &
zip.
Whay is it not recognizing what I have in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kimcox_74 kimcox_74 is offline

There are 5 columns.

Customer, Street address, City, State, Zip

Also when I do preview the labels it only does one page of labels.

Thanks!

"kimcox_74" wrote in message
I am doing a mail merge in word 2003 but taking addresses from an excel
worksheet. When I get to choosing recepients the columns are all messed
up.
Basically instead of customer, address, zip it just recognizes address &
zip.
Whay is it not recognizing what I have in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The preview issue is normal. You have not completed the merge. You must
merge to the printer or to a new document. See
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...#only_one_page
As for the Excel data see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and avoid using
the addressblock field.