Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pete Rooney[_2_] Pete Rooney[_2_] is offline

Default Getting th £ character to display right up to the number in MMerge

Good afternoon,
I am merging an Excel database containing numbers formatted to currency, two
decimel places with comma separator.
When I merge this data, I use the following:

{MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£#,##0.00" }

Howwever, whilst £1,234.00, is displayed correctly, £62" is displayed
"£ 62.00", "£123.45" is displayed "£ 123.45" etc. In other words, the £
character is frozen in place and the numbers shunt to the right depending on
their size.
Is there any way to make sure that the £ is always immediately to the left
of the first numeric character?

Thanks in advance & have a good weekend

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try

{ MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£,0.00" }

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Pete Rooney" wrote in message
Good afternoon,
I am merging an Excel database containing numbers formatted to currency,
two
decimel places with comma separator.
When I merge this data, I use the following:

{MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£#,##0.00" }

Howwever, whilst £1,234.00, is displayed correctly, £62" is displayed
"£ 62.00", "£123.45" is displayed "£ 123.45" etc. In other words, the £
character is frozen in place and the numbers shunt to the right depending
on
their size.
Is there any way to make sure that the £ is always immediately to the left
of the first numeric character?

Thanks in advance & have a good weekend

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I think you'll find more success with { MERGEFIELD "Arrears" \#"£,0.00" }

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try

{ MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£,0.00" }

"Pete Rooney" wrote in message
Good afternoon,
I am merging an Excel database containing numbers formatted to
currency, two
decimel places with comma separator.
When I merge this data, I use the following:

{MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£#,##0.00" }

Howwever, whilst £1,234.00, is displayed correctly, £62" is displayed
"£ 62.00", "£123.45" is displayed "£ 123.45" etc. In other words,
the £ character is frozen in place and the numbers shunt to the
right depending on
their size.
Is there any way to make sure that the £ is always immediately to
the left of the first numeric character?

Thanks in advance & have a good weekend

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Thanks again, Graham!

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I think you'll find more success with { MERGEFIELD "Arrears" \#"£,0.00" }

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try

{ MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£,0.00" }

"Pete Rooney" wrote in message
Good afternoon,
I am merging an Excel database containing numbers formatted to
currency, two
decimel places with comma separator.
When I merge this data, I use the following:

{MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£#,##0.00" }

Howwever, whilst £1,234.00, is displayed correctly, £62" is displayed
"£ 62.00", "£123.45" is displayed "£ 123.45" etc. In other words,
the £ character is frozen in place and the numbers shunt to the
right depending on
their size.
Is there any way to make sure that the £ is always immediately to
the left of the first numeric character?

Thanks in advance & have a good weekend

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pete Rooney[_2_] Pete Rooney[_2_] is offline

Default Getting th £ character to display right up to the number in MM

Graham,

Thank you very much - how on earth did you figure THIS out? :-)

Regards

Pete

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I think you'll find more success with { MERGEFIELD "Arrears" \#"£,0.00" }

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try

{ MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£,0.00" }

"Pete Rooney" wrote in message
Good afternoon,
I am merging an Excel database containing numbers formatted to
currency, two
decimel places with comma separator.
When I merge this data, I use the following:

{MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£#,##0.00" }

Howwever, whilst £1,234.00, is displayed correctly, £62" is displayed
"£ 62.00", "£123.45" is displayed "£ 123.45" etc. In other words,
the £ character is frozen in place and the numbers shunt to the
right depending on
their size.
Is there any way to make sure that the £ is always immediately to
the left of the first numeric character?

Thanks in advance & have a good weekend

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I think you'll find more success with { MERGEFIELD "Arrears"

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try

{ MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£,0.00" }