Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Caroline Caroline is offline

Default Conditionnal display of border and shading ?

Hi

I have a template with a table and i need to have a border and grey shading
in one cell only when i have a value of 1 in a field named CodeRel.
I was thinking about adding a if statement like:

{ IF { MERGEFIELD CodeRel } = 0 {Word.Border(Visible:=False) and
word.shading(Visible:=False}

but I don't know where i can put this.

If someone can help me :-)

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry, Word's "field language" just can't do that sort of thing, unless this
is the only difference between the two versions of the table, in which case
you might be able to use this kind of thing:

{ IF { MERGEFIELD CodeRel } = 0 "put the entire table without the special
markup here" "put the entire table with the special markup here" }

Otherwise, what you really need to do in this case is to use VBA and Word's
MailMerge events to modify the mail merge main document to have the correct
formatting before each record is merged.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk