Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shaeky Shaeky is offline

Default How do I unlock modifications in the trial-period?

Can someone help me? I just downloaded the trial of Word 2007 and I am trying
to type on the page, but I keep getting this side note that says "This
modification is not allowed becasue the selection is locked."
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The status bar message you're seeing could be because you've Grouped
selected text (select the problem text, and click Group - Ungroup in the
Developer tab to see if this is the problem).

If not that... then it might also because a trial version either has not
been activated or has otherwise expired.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Shaeky" wrote in message
Can someone help me? I just downloaded the trial of Word 2007 and I am
trying
to type on the page, but I keep getting this side note that says "This
modification is not allowed becasue the selection is locked."

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alison Alison is offline

I also have this problem, on a pre-installed version on my computer. I have
activated it but to no avail!
Also, I am not sure where to find the group-ungroup tab...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Is it a trial version that has expired?

--