Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pj pj is offline

Default Mail merge result is "0"

I'm using an excel sheet to pull data from. One of the columns contains
numbers and letters combined. The mail merge result for this column equals
"0" when I merge. I have changed the formatting in the Excel sheet from
General to Text but get the same result. Why won't Word read the data in
Excel?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against "Confirm file conversions at open" After doing
that, when you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you
will be presented with a dialog asking you for the method by which the
connection should be made. Select the DDE option and try that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP