Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Whoknow Whoknow is offline

Default How do I mail merge 2 data source into one document?

Hello,

I have a document normal size (8 1/2 x 11 inches) that breaking into 2
parts. Both parts are the same with the last name and first name fields. I
would like to use the mail merge function in word to merge the data I have
(around 3000 names) into the document. The problem I have is Word treats
both parts as the same one and merge the same first, last name into both
parts of the document. How can I tell Word to merge first record into first
part of the document then goes on the merge the second record into the second
part of the document?

Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Insert a { NEXT } field (a Next record field) before the second (2nd)
part. That tells Word to move to the next record in the data source. If you
cannot find the right option to do that,
a. click in the Word document where you want to insert the field
b. press Ctrl-F9 to insert a pair of the special "field braces" { } (you
can't just type them)
c. type NEXT between them to give you
{ NEXT }

--