Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

Default One-click input field to enter details (eg. address, date, name)

I'm trying to create a template letter whereby I can have fields
labelled something like [STREET ADDRESS], and to enter the address to
complete the field, a single click deletes the[*] and allows me to
enter the address, without me having to highlight and delete the
template text.

If there are better, more common methods which companies use, I'd be
grateful to know them.

Thank you.
Darren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

AMaleThing wrote:
I'm trying to create a template letter whereby I can have fields
labelled something like [STREET ADDRESS], and to enter the address to
complete the field, a single click deletes the[*] and allows me to
enter the address, without me having to highlight and delete the
template text.

If there are better, more common methods which companies use, I'd be
grateful to know them.

Thank you.
Darren- Hide quoted text -

Thank you, this was exactly what I was after. Couldn't find any such
documentation from Microsoft.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The simplest way is to use MacroButton fields. See item 2 of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AMaleThing" wrote:

I'm trying to create a template letter whereby I can have fields
labelled something like [STREET ADDRESS], and to enter the address to
complete the field, a single click deletes the[*] and allows me to
enter the address, without me having to highlight and delete the
template text.

If there are better, more common methods which companies use, I'd be
grateful to know them.

Thank you.
Darren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

Thanks alot,

Yes, this is what I was using before, but wrong type of systax was
being use.

Is it possible to edit the [street address] macrobutton without using
the mouse button to input the information (address)?

As I work throught the document I am continuously having to click the
mouse to edit the field.

---

Additionally, is it possible to for example to create a coloured box
visually onscreen, but does not print? I.e. Create a not printed item?

Thank you all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default One-click input field to enter details (eg. address, date, nam

You can press Alt+F9 to show field codes in the document. Then type the
modified field instruction, press F9 to update. When you are done, press
Alt+F9 again to hide field codes.

Also, note that you can use F11 to move the insertion point between fields
in a document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AMaleThing" wrote:

Thanks alot,

Yes, this is what I was using before, but wrong type of systax was
being use.

Is it possible to edit the [street address] macrobutton without using
the mouse button to input the information (address)?

As I work throught the document I am continuously having to click the
mouse to edit the field.

---

Additionally, is it possible to for example to create a coloured box
visually onscreen, but does not print? I.e. Create a not printed item?

Thank you all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

F11, thats exactly what I was after!

You wouldn't happen to know about none printing objects/text or any
tutorials?

Thanks
Darren