Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kamitsukenu Kamitsukenu is offline

Default Inserting a 'separator' page during a mail merge

I want to split the mail merge depending on what is in the
'section' field. For example if I had an Excel spreadsheet with 100
addresses and 50 had the word "UK", 25 had "USA" and 25 had "Italy", I would
like three word documents to be created.

My question is, is it possible to have a 'separator' page inserted from
another tray between section?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I would be doing this with a "roll-your-own" alternative to mail merge using
as a main document a template that contains DocVariable fields in place of
the merge fields and then using VBA to iterate through the data source,
creating a new document from the template for each record and setting the
values of Document Variables in that document with the data from the record
in the datasource. You would have a routine that checked for a change in
the "key" field and if there was one, it would create a blank document from
the Normal.dot template, before the one from the template containing the
DocVariable fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.