Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
maeve maeve is offline

Default message not showing

Hi, I have posted a message in this newsgroup today and it is not showing
but when I go to 'find' it shows that my message is there. How do I fix it
that it shows?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The reason that you cannot see it is because the subject is identical to an
earlier post and the system tacked into onto the end of thread started by
that earlier post.

There are good and bad things about that. The good is that if somebody
posts a message for a date in the future, it would normally stay at the top
of the list, where it just makes a nuisance of itself. That can be
overcome, by somebody posting a message with the same subject and the
current date with the result that the errant message is then positioned more
correctly in the list.

The bad thing is the behaviour that you have exerienced..

Here is the response that I posted to your original message:

See the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Odd Message Bev Microsoft Word Help 0 July 30th 07 02:38 PM
What is this message... S. Violin Microsoft Word Help 1 March 23rd 07 02:29 PM
How go from e-mail message to Calendar without minimizing message vernont Microsoft Word Help 2 January 4th 07 12:39 AM
A message LHG Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 05 04:33 PM
showing this message-Microsoft Windows 2000 has been expired plea. sea Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 05 06:52 AM