Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge Office 2000 to 2003

It's more likely that the problem is actually related to this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765/en-us

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Richard John" wrote in message
Can someone please help me out here. A meilmerge application I built using
Office 2000 (Access, Excel, Word), all worked perfectly ... until the site
upgraded to Office 2003, which now refuses to recognise the data source
programmatically which now has to be specified each time. I've checked KB
885832 which clearly says SP2 has fixed the problem. I've got SP3, but
still no solution. The problem persists whether the application resides on
a LAN or on a local PC.

The merge documents work when operated manually, however. So now my
workaround has been to advise users to generate the data source from
Access as per usual and then jump to the desktop and use short cuts to run
the merge(s)... all very frustrating given that these upgrades are meant
to facilitate and improve productivity, not impede it, like Office 2003
has done (the problems with Office 2003 just go on and on. It really is a
croc). But I am obliged to provide a solution. All of this previously
happened automatically in Office 2000.

Any advice appreciated

TIA

Richard John
Melbourne, Australia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Peter Jamieson wrote:
It's more likely that the problem is actually related to this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765/en-us

Thanks Peter. The information was most useful. The dialog box mentioned
in the article is exactly what we were getting. It got me off the hook a
bit. I have to now convince Tech support to allow me to apply the
suggested solution because of the "security" implications ... :-)

Regs

Richard John