Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Missaligned confusion Missaligned confusion is offline

Default How do I use windows mail contacts in a word document

Is there any way to access your Windows mail contacts so you can use the
information in a Word 2007 mail merge or address label merge? The computer I
have does not have Outlook, why bundle it that way I do not understand, and
all I can see is how to access addresses through Outlook.

Thnks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You have to export the contacts. The trouble is that if your Vista system is
set up anything like mine, the function to do that will not be available on
the toolbar and Windows Help won't help. In that case, right-click somewhere
in the empty space between the contacts, click Properties, choose the
Customize tab, and select "Contacts" in the "Use this folder type as a
template" in the drop-down. The options relevant to Contacts should appear.
When you click the Export option, choose the CSV format export, not the VCF
format export, and select the fields you need.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk