Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Default Keystrokes show up VERY slowly

User has Word 2002 SP3. When she types into a 3-page table (3 column, single
line continuous rows) the keystrokes on the screen are way delayed past when
they were typed. It is so bad the user says she cannot work this way. She
sent me the document and it works fine for me.

I inserted the old document into a new document, several times.
I renamed normal.dot (which had no autotext, toolbars, styles or macros).
We powered off, back on and deleted cookies, files and deleted history.
I lowered Hardware acceleration from Full to None. Nothing helps.

Any other ideas out there?
--
Brenda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Hi Brenda,

Tables that are a few pages long can cause that, if you don't have a high-end machine with lots of memory.

Best, split the table in a couple smaller ones.
Things that can help if that isn't an option are working in Normal view, and setting Table AutoFit to "Fixed column widths".

Regards,
Klaus

"Brenda from Michigan" wrote:
User has Word 2002 SP3. When she types into a 3-page table (3 column, single
line continuous rows) the keystrokes on the screen are way delayed past when
they were typed. It is so bad the user says she cannot work this way. She
sent me the document and it works fine for me.

I inserted the old document into a new document, several times.
I renamed normal.dot (which had no autotext, toolbars, styles or macros).
We powered off, back on and deleted cookies, files and deleted history.
I lowered Hardware acceleration from Full to None. Nothing helps.

Any other ideas out there?
--
Brenda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

In the meantime, all her documents are now slow. Just typing her name on a
new blank sheet doesn't appear until she has typed all of it. I finally
decided it must be a bad video driver. Thanks again for your suggestion.
--
Brenda