Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Pollak Leslie Pollak is offline

Default Forms Save As location

Hi,
I am using Word 2003.
I have created 20 different forms and saved them as templates in our
companies workgroup templates location.
When users click on File - New, all of the forms show up in the General tab,
which is great.

1. Is there a way to have a Tab called Company Forms, so that all of the DOT
files that I have created are listed in that tab.

2. Once the forms are filled out, they need to be saved onto our network.
Each filled in form needs to be saved in a particular sub-directory on our
server.
Is there a way to program or format each form to save to a particular
default location, when the use clicks on 'Save' or 'Save As' ?
Example
Filled-in Form 'A' needs to be saved to location 'X'
Filled-in Form 'B' needs to be saved to location 'Z' and so on.
I am trying to eliminate the need for the users to have to remember where to
save the completed form and provide them with the default save location.
Thanks
Leslie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create a sub folder from the Workgroups Templates folder called Company
Forms and move the templates into it.

Leslie Pollak wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Pollak Leslie Pollak is offline

Hi Graham,
That was so easy, thanks.
Is there a way to get the new tab called 'Company Forms' to be the first one
shown instead of the 'General Tab'?

on an unrelated topin
I just used your 'Check for uncompleted form field' vba code and it works
great.
I will be making a donation later this week.

Thanks
Leslie

Leslie Pollak wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I know of no way to change the order of the tabs.
Contributions to the running costs of my web site are always appreciated