Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] patricia.scaccetti@dol.state.nj.us is offline

Default linking word doc to excel spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet with numerical data that gets added weekly. I
also have to do a narrative of that data for a weekly report. The
narrative has blanks (I can make these form fields if necessary) that
I need to have filled in with the new weekly data from the
spreadsheet. Short of manually coping the data is there any way to
link the doc with the spreadsheet and have those fields populate?
I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,
Pat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Copy the cell(s) from Excel to the clipboard then edit paste special
unformatted text *as a link* into Word. While both the document and the
worksheet are open any changes you make min Excel will be instantly
reflected in the document. If Excel is closed you would have to update the
link fields to reflect any new data.

wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with numerical data that gets added weekly. I
also have to do a narrative of that data for a weekly report. The
narrative has blanks (I can make these form fields if necessary) that
I need to have filled in with the new weekly data from the
spreadsheet. Short of manually coping the data is there any way to
link the doc with the spreadsheet and have those fields populate?
I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Dec 14, 9:12 am, wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with numerical data that gets added weekly. I
also have to do a narrative of that data for a weekly report. The
narrative has blanks (I can make these form fields if necessary) that
I need to have filled in with the new weekly data from the
spreadsheet. Short of manually coping the data is there any way to
link the doc with the spreadsheet and have those fields populate?
I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,
Pat

Thank you. I'm amazed at how easy that was!