Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
whiter whiter is offline

Default Mail Merge Date Format

I am having trouble with my date format in my mail merge.
I am using the date switch \@"mm,dd,yyy" but am still getting a #format.
It used to work before we changed to SP3 from SP2 in Office 2002.

HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Try using a capital "M" for the month instead of a lowercase "m". In Word a
lowercase m is for minutes. So what you need is: "MM, dd, yyyy".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"whiter" wrote in message
I am having trouble with my date format in my mail merge.
I am using the date switch \@"mm,dd,yyy" but am still getting a #format.
It used to work before we changed to SP3 from SP2 in Office 2002.

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
whiter whiter is offline

Thanks Beth.

Now I am getting 11,15, 2007. My format in excel is November 15, 2007, do I
need to change this? Even if I select, prefer format under edit funtions,
then I get a totally different date format?

Rebecca

"whiter" wrote in message
I am having trouble with my date format in my mail merge.
I am using the date switch \@"mm,dd,yyy" but am still getting a #format.
It used to work before we changed to SP3 from SP2 in Office 2002.

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Since you want November, use MMMM
MMM will give you Nov

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

:

HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9801.aspx#AboutTheBook"http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9801.aspx#AboutTheBook

Word FAQ: HYPERLINK "http://mvps.org/word"http://mvps.org/word
TechTrax eZine: HYPERLINK "http://mousetrax.com/techtrax/"http://mousetrax.com/techtrax/
MVP FAQ site: HYPERLINK "http://mvps.org/"http://mvps.org/

"whiter" HYPERLINK "whiter@di scussions.microsoft.com wrote in message

I am having trouble with my date format in my mail merge.
I am using the date switch \@"mm,dd,yyy" but am still getting a #format.
It used to work before we changed to SP3 from SP2 in Office 2002.

HELP!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/14/2007 11:29 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

MM gives you the two-digit month; M gives you one or two digits as needed;
MMM gives you a three-letter abbreviation; for the full month name, you need
MMMM; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm.