Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default Do styles stay with the doc?

I created some new styles, both paragraph and character, for a certain
report. If I turn this report over to another person, will those
styles go with the document? Or are they resident on my machine and
need to be transferred to the other person?

Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Ed from AZ wrote:
I created some new styles, both paragraph and character, for a certain
report. If I turn this report over to another person, will those
styles go with the document? Or are they resident on my machine and
need to be transferred to the other person?

Ed

The styles do stay with the document. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html for
explanation.

One caution: Name your styles so they're unlikely to have the same names as
styles in other peoples' documents. That will avoid the mess you get when
text is copied/pasted from one document to another and that text has a style
with the same name but a different format than a style already in the
destination. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Thanks for the assist, Jay! The info is greatly appreciated.
Ed

The styles do stay with the document. Seehttp://www.shaunakelly.com/word/templaterelations/index.htmlfor

destination. Seehttp://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/FormatOfTextChanges.html.

--