Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Default Creating nametents in WORD

As a teacher I make nametents for my students at the beginning of the term.
This involves a single word document, landscape orientation and a large top
margin. The result is a page that when printed can be folded lengthwise and
stood up in fromt of the student.

In order to have the name on BOTH sides of the tent (facing the front of the
room as well as back to the student, I have to run it through the printer
TWICE, rotating the page 180 degrees for the second pass.

My question - is there a command or mirror function, or anything that would
allow me to type in a student's name and it would come printed as I need to
sinply fold into a name tent without having to print twice?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Set this up as a portrait document instead of landscape. Create a
two-column, one-row table with row height set to the distance between the
top and bottom margins.* Center the cell contents horizontally and
vertically. Type the student's name in each cell, then use the Text
Direction command to rotate one name clockwise and the other
counterclockwise as appropriate.

*Actually, you'll need to make it just a little less to allow for the text
paragraph that will have to follow the table (you don't want it to create an
extra blank page). So reduce the bottom margin by enough to accommodate that
paragraph and make the row height the previous distance between margins.