Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K K is offline

Default AutoCorrect Options don't hold

My AutoCorrect Options quit holding. First I tried "Using the /a switch (Word
2000 and above only)" at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm. This retains my
settings from one docu to the next until I close all windows containing my
Word 2003 docus. When I reopen Word after that the settings are changed
again. Now I'm attempting to "Deleting and recreating the corrupt registry
values" at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm,
however this article only addresses Word 97, Word 2000, and Word 2002. Are
there instructions for Word 2003 anywhere? Thanks, K.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you start Word with the /a switch, you *cannot* save any settings. You
must open Word normally and change settings for them to be saved. If the
settings are still not saved, then you need to delete the Registry Data key
as described, and yes, this article does apply to all versions of Word; you
just need to change the version number when searching for the key: Word 2003
is version 11.0.

"K" wrote in message
My AutoCorrect Options quit holding. First I tried "Using the /a switch
(Word
2000 and above only)" at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm. This retains
my
settings from one docu to the next until I close all windows containing my
Word 2003 docus. When I reopen Word after that the settings are changed
again. Now I'm attempting to "Deleting and recreating the corrupt registry
values" at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm,
however this article only addresses Word 97, Word 2000, and Word 2002. Are
there instructions for Word 2003 anywhere? Thanks, K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K K is offline

Thanks. Appreciate the quick answer. Messing in the registry terrifies me but
the AutoCorrect mess is reason enough to give it a try. K.