Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Galt John Galt is offline

Default Text Box and Pictures

Is there any way I can get a text box to allow a picture to be layed out
"tight" wrapped inside the box?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Text boxes don't work well with graphics. However, if you convert the
box to a frame, you should be able to accomplish your desired result.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"John Galt" wrote in message
:

Is there any way I can get a text box to allow a picture to be layed out
"tight" wrapped inside the box?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/14/2007 11:29 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No. Because a text box is already in the drawing layer, text in a text box
cannot be wrapped around a picture or other object inside the text box. In
Word 2007, if I have understood it correctly, setting the wrapping of the
text box to Tight allows text in the text box to wrap around a graphic
*outside* the text box.

"John Galt" wrote in message
Is there any way I can get a text box to allow a picture to be layed out
"tight" wrapped inside the box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Galt John Galt is offline

Thanks so much for the input. Sorry I forgot once again to include the
important fact that I'm on Word 2003. Anyway, apparently the outcome is the
same for me regardless

"John Galt" wrote:

Is there any way I can get a text box to allow a picture to be layed out
"tight" wrapped inside the box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Even though frames are in the text layer, you can't wrap text around images
in them. And frames themselves have far fewer wrapping options than text
boxes to begin with.

"John Galt" wrote in message
:

Is there any way I can get a text box to allow a picture to be layed out
"tight" wrapped inside the box?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/14/2007 11:29 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/14/2007 11:29 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Right, this is a new feature in Word 2007 (I think--I'm not using it yet).
In previous versions, there's just no way to do what you want except to work
around the text box itself if possible. Is it possible to accomplish what
you want with ordinary document text (possibly in a table) rather than a
text box?