Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Tim is offline

Default How do I restore a damaged Word document

Windows Vista locked up or crashed apparently damaging the only Word document
open. I re-opened Word and restored the document. Now however I get an error
message "check temp envirnoment variable" and Word will not open the
document. Have tried System Restore, no good because it does not affect
documents. Any other way back to restore a damaged document??
Thanks.
Tim