Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SpyCatcher SpyCatcher is offline

Default Convert Word to WordPerfect docs

Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm that only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office 2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that will all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters used
in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use them to save.

=============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The old filters will still work with Word 2007 within their original
limitations, if you have them available. They can be downloaded from my web
site. Make sure you save the originals somewhere safe first! I suggest a sub
folder of the original folder.

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in
Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters
used in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use them
to save.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message
Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm that
only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office
2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that will
all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SpyCatcher SpyCatcher is offline

Bob,

I am not sure what your response means can you be a tad more specific?

Thank you,

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters used
in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use them to save.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message ...
Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm that only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office 2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that will all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SpyCatcher SpyCatcher is offline

Graham,

I can open/convert Word Perfect files, edit and save in MS word format. I
need to save the file as a WordPerfect document. The law firm I deal with is
not going to convert. They want every file returned in WordPerfect not in MS
word format.

I guess I missed the locating the filters on your site, my question do I
need the filters with Office 2007?

Thank you,

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in
Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters
used in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use them
to save.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message
Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm that
only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office
2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that will
all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The filters currently supplied do not, I believe, save in WP format. The
earlier ones do. However it must be remembered that Word and WP formats are
very different and a document from Word saved in WP mode may look nothing
like the original. The earlier filters will work with 2007 - and you'll find
them on the downloads page of my web site
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in
Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters
used in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use them
to save.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message
Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm that
only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office
2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that will
all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SpyCatcher SpyCatcher is offline

Graham,

Where can I send a suggestion to the MS Word team where someone will
actually read it?

Have you heard of any rummored Add-in for WP to Word and Word to WP?

Thank you for your input,

Best Regards,

SC

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in
Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters
used in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use them
to save.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message
Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm that
only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office
2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that will
all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Microsoft removed the function allegedly for 'security' reasons and probably
for commercial reasons also. You can still use the old filter as I have
explained, or you can use some third party tool such as File Merlin. You
still have the issue of disparate file structures to deal with. Doesn't WP
open Word documents?

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in
Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters
used in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use
them to save.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message
Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm
that only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office
2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that
will all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SpyCatcher SpyCatcher is offline

Graham,

WordPerfect does open MS Word documents. My situation is that the law firm
that I deal with "will not" open or convert the files. It is my
responsibility to ensure proper file format. Thank you for your help.

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in
Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters
used in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use
them to save.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message
Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm
that only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office
2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that
will all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There is no current converter from Microsoft, and it's extremely unlikely that
the company will create a new one (as Graham said, for commercial reasons; i.e.,
Microsoft sees no profitability in it).

Most likely your best solution is a third-party program, Conversions Plus from
DataViz (http://www.dataviz.com/products/conv...us/index.html). Maybe you
can get your stubborn client to pay the $50.

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
WordPerfect can open MS Word files saved from Word 2007 in
Word97-2003 format. MS switched the (aging) WordPerfect converters
used in Word 2007 to read/open rather than also be able to use
them to save.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message
Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm
that only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office
2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that
will all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Spycatcher,

I'm assuming you're working with a particular firm rather than being a client in this scenario.

The older converters that Graham mentioned for exporting Word to WordPerfect work 'imperfectly'. One of the reasons that they
weren't updated by Microsoft is that the WordPerfect folks were doing a better job of understanding and being able to convert Word
documents to WordPerfect than MS's converter provider. In WordPerfect opening the document and WordPerfect handles it fairly
well. With the MS export converters graphics can be a sticking point, especially with Word 2007's.

You may want to consider either getting a copy of WordPerfect to do your own conversions before sending in the file, or using a 3rd
party conversion product such as those from http://dataviz.com or http://acii.com. One of the advantages of having a copy of
WordPerfect, likely about the same cost as the converters, is that you'd be able to see and tweak the converted files if needed
prior to converting.

=============
"SpyCatcher" wrote in message ...
Graham,

WordPerfect does open MS Word documents. My situation is that the law firm that I deal with "will not" open or convert the files. It
is my
responsibility to ensure proper file format. Thank you for your help.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SpyCatcher SpyCatcher is offline

Today I was looking round in Word €śoptions/advance/compatibility options
for€ť when I noticed a tab that includes WordPerfect 6 for windows. Would
someone please explain to me what this feature means and how I would utilize
it?

Thank you...

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yenmast yenmast is offline

"SpyCatcher" wrote:

Hello Geeks,

I am in need of your expert help. I deal daily with a law firm that only
creates documents in Word Perfect. Me -- I am a big fan of Office 2007 and
all its functions I only create documents in Word 2007.

Did you ever find a solutuion to converting word doc's to word perfect? I
have the same problem as you and am also trying to find a solution. Please
let me know ..thanks

Does MS office 2007 Professional or Ultimate have a add-in that will all me
to save documents as Word Perfct format?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As I posted earlier in the thread, the old WP filters, which you can
download from my web site, will save in WP format - albeit with a security
warning. Whether there is any real security risk is open to conjecture.