Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thargett thargett is offline

Default Locked/Unlocked Document Problems

I have a locked document and an unlocked document. The locked document
allows users to select check boxes for various items; however, they
cannot access some important embedded documents within that same
document. I also have the same document saved as an unlocked document
that will allow users to access the embedded docs; but not the check
boxes within the document. Is there a way to have part of the document
locked and the other part unlocked? Or is there another way around this
that I haven't considered? I want the user to be able to check the
boxes and be able to access the embedded docs.

--
thargett
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

thargett wrote:
I have a locked document and an unlocked document. The locked
document allows users to select check boxes for various items;
however, they cannot access some important embedded documents within
that same document. I also have the same document saved as an
unlocked document that will allow users to access the embedded docs;
but not the check boxes within the document. Is there a way to have
part of the document locked and the other part unlocked? Or is there
another way around this that I haven't considered? I want the user
to be able to check the boxes and be able to access the embedded docs.

Separate the check boxes from the rest of the document by inserting a
section break. Use the Protect Document task pane; when you indicate that
you're protecting for forms, you should see a link below that for "Select
sections". Click that to open a dialog where you can uncheck the section(s)
you want to be unprotected.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thargett[_2_] thargett[_2_] is offline

It already shows a section break (next page) at the end of the section
with the check boxes. I tried only protecting section one (which is
the section with the check boxes) and that didn't work either. Thanks
for your help with this.

--
thargett
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 01:46:00 +0000, thargett
wrote:

It already shows a section break (next page) at the end of the section
with the check boxes. I tried only protecting section one (which is
the section with the check boxes) and that didn't work either. Thanks
for your help with this.

What "didn't work"? How? What did happen?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thargett[_3_] thargett[_3_] is offline

It lets me check/uncheck the boxes; however I'm unable to open the
embedded documents now.

wrote:
-

It already shows a section break (next page) at the end of the section
with the check boxes. I tried only protecting section one (which is
the section with the check boxes) and that didn't work either. Thanks
for your help with this.-

What "didn't work"? How? What did happen?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.

--
thargett

msword is locked how i rectify and unlocked raji New Users 1 December 28th 07 07:03 AM
my document was locked how can i get it back unlocked? maisa Microsoft Word Help 1 February 10th 07 03:55 PM
How do I get a document unlocked? Maria Microsoft Word Help 1 August 1st 06 11:27 PM
unlocked document Cap New Users 1 May 31st 06 02:15 PM
when a locked document is unlocked when emailed daftdonkey Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 03:31 PM