Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
isha isha is offline

Default resume preparing

dear friends,
plz tell me
of what quality and type i should prepare resume so as to get admission in
top mba colleges.
*I dont have WORK EXPERIENCE , participated once DRAMA inter college
copetition
and has done diploma in software engineering
One more thing that i have got a CALL from one college.
So, i need to prepare as soon as possible
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"isha" wrote in message
dear friends,
plz tell me
of what quality and type i should prepare resume so as to get admission in
top mba colleges.

Something plain and readable - Times New Roma, Courier, etc etc.

*I dont have WORK EXPERIENCE , participated once DRAMA inter college
copetition
and has done diploma in software engineering

Expect dissapointment - do you KNOW what an MBA really is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TJ Gunnz TJ Gunnz is offline

Wow Gordon! You really a pretty rude, aren't you? Perhaps you need to go
back to school yourself and learn some manners.
--
TJ Gunnz

"Gordon" wrote:

"isha" wrote in message
dear friends,
plz tell me
of what quality and type i should prepare resume so as to get admission in
top mba colleges.

Something plain and readable - Times New Roma, Courier, etc etc.

*I dont have WORK EXPERIENCE , participated once DRAMA inter college
copetition
and has done diploma in software engineering

Expect dissapointment - do you KNOW what an MBA really is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"TJ Gunnz" wrote in message
Wow Gordon! You really a pretty rude, aren't you? Perhaps you need to go
back to school yourself and learn some manners.

Umm no. I live in the REAL world.
Someone with NO work experience as posted by the OP is HIGHLY unlikely to
get on ANY MBA course....(in a REPUTABLE college that is....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I wondered, too, why someone who seems to be interested in drama would want
an MBA, or why he thought that drama experience would be helpful in getting
into an MBA program.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"TJ Gunnz" wrote in message
Wow Gordon! You really a pretty rude, aren't you? Perhaps you need to
go
back to school yourself and learn some manners.

Umm no. I live in the REAL world.
Someone with NO work experience as posted by the OP is HIGHLY unlikely to
get on ANY MBA course....(in a REPUTABLE college that is....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I wondered, too, why someone who seems to be interested in drama would want
an MBA, or why he thought that drama experience would be helpful in getting
into an MBA program.

Well I have seen some CEOs who are pretty good drama queens... ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TJ Gunnz TJ Gunnz is offline

MBA or whatever, that is not the point. I have read multiple rude comments
by you on this website and how you can feel justified in ribbing someone for
having aspirations is beyond me. In fact, I would like you to know that I
don't feel comfortable posting questions here if I have to tip toe around so
that I do not get made fun of.

For the record though....mainly for isha....I have an MBA from a reputable
college with little more than experience in being an Infantryman in the Army.
So, I assure you, you can make or break yourself while you are persuing a
Bachelor's degree almost as easily as you can in the workforce.
--
TJ Gunnz

"Gordon" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I wondered, too, why someone who seems to be interested in drama would want
an MBA, or why he thought that drama experience would be helpful in getting
into an MBA program.

Well I have seen some CEOs who are pretty good drama queens... ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"TJ Gunnz" wrote in message
news
MBA or whatever, that is not the point. I have read multiple rude
comments
by you on this website

Oh yeah? like what? If they ARE rude (and NO-ONE else has said they are),
then it's because the poster has been a silly twit and not thought or done
any simple research before posting...

and how you can feel justified in ribbing someone for
having aspirations is beyond me.

How can telling someone the truth be ribbing?

In fact, I would like you to know that I
don't feel comfortable posting questions here if I have to tip toe around
so
that I do not get made fun of.

Well if you think that what I was doing was "making fun" of the OP, then you
have a VERY odd sense of humour.

For the record though....mainly for isha....I have an MBA from a reputable
college with little more than experience in being an Infantryman in the
Army.

Well it doesn't happen in the UK. MBAs are usually taken by senior
management as a sort of "Staff College" of business to facilitate the step
up to MD or CEO...

US Army possibly? See the comment about humour.....

So, I assure you, you can make or break yourself while you are persuing a
Bachelor's degree almost as easily as you can in the workforce.

me - British Army, Royal Engineers, Royal Greenjackets and Light Infantry
(if you want to play that game) and 20 years as a Management/Systems
Accountant....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Gordon" wrote:

"isha" wrote in message
dear friends,
plz tell me
of what quality and type i should prepare resume so as to get admission
in
top mba colleges.

Something plain and readable - Times New Roma, Courier, etc etc.

*I dont have WORK EXPERIENCE , participated once DRAMA inter college
copetition
and has done diploma in software engineering

Expect dissapointment - do you KNOW what an MBA really is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not really. I was merely commenting that schools are no longer allowed to
teach things like manners. (Sometimes the truth isn't pretty or polite.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Gordon" wrote in message
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I didn't think that was allowed any longer. Remember when they used to teach
whom you introduce to whom? To this day I wish I'd paid more attention to
*that* lesson. I do the best I can when I'm put in that position - like
earlier today.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Gordon" wrote in message
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The primary concern in introductions is remembering the name of both
parties. I used to tell my parents, "If I don't immediately introduce you to
someone, it's because I can't remember his/her name, so introduce yourselves
so we can find out!"

I doubt that anyone knows or cares the etiquette of this any more, but, for
the record, you introduce the younger person to the older person first, the
less important to the more important, the man to the woman:

Mrs. Senior, may I introduce my friend, Mary Younglady? Mary, this is my
mother's good friend, Mrs. Senior.

Grandmother, this is my roommate, Sally Brown. Sally, I know you've heard me
speak of my grandmother, Mrs. Elderly.

Mayor Jones, this is my husband, Tom Harris. Tom, I know I don't need to
introduce Mayor Jones.

Mary, I'd like you to meet my old friend, Bill Jones. Bill, this is Mary
Smith.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Mailman Brian Mailman is offline

Gordon wrote:
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Manners have little to do with "truth."

B/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Brian Mailman" wrote in message
Gordon wrote:
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Manners have little to do with "truth."

B/

And what I posted was NOT rude. Realistic, yes. Rude, no.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Realistic? - probably
Rude? - a little terse maybe, but probably calculated to troll for the type
of reaction you got.

Gordon wrote:
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Manners have little to do with "truth."

B/

And what I posted was NOT rude. Realistic, yes. Rude, no.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Realistic? - probably
Rude? - a little terse maybe, but probably calculated to troll for the
type of reaction you got.

Not trolling at all - given that the OP stated that he had no work
experience but had some sort of drama qualification, as a Management/Systems
Accountant, I just posed the question as to whether the OP actually knew
what an MBA is, or whether he'd decided to try to get one because it sounded
nice....if the OP really knows what an MBA is and what the study consists
of, I suggest it's not a very good start to ask what sort of font to send
the CV in. Certainly in the UK most MBA students tend to be middle to senior
management with a good set of business skills and experience, looking for a
qualification to get them the step up to MD or CEO....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

So in a situation where you have your boss meeting your husband..........?
Hubby is more important than anyone I deal with.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Gordon" wrote in message
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Regardless of the importance of your husband to you, you should introduce
him to your boss, who has the "senior" position as long as you're working
for him. And that's true regardless of his age or what you think of him.
This would perhaps be reversed if you were introducing a parent (or
especially a grandparent or other elderly person) to your boss.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Gordon wrote:
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Never happen - schools don't teach manners any longer.

So you think my (realistic) reply to the OP was RUDE?

Manners have little to do with "truth."

And what I posted was NOT rude. Realistic, yes. Rude, no.

I was making a general process-type comment, in addition to agreeing
your comment was realistic.

Another process-type comment is "a true gentlemen never offends anyone
accidentally."

B/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Regardless of the importance of your husband to you, you should introduce
him to your boss, who has the "senior" position as long as you're working
for him. And that's true regardless of his age or what you think of him.
This would perhaps be reversed if you were introducing a parent (or
especially a grandparent or other elderly person) to your boss.

That would depend on the context. In a social setting, perhaps so. In
a business setting, no. In a "mixed use" setting, such as the office
holiday party, then the principle "the roof constitutes an introduction"
holds.

B/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Boss is younger than either of us, at an off-site job fair for my company,
hubby applying for position but not with my boss. I think I introduced hubby
to boss first.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Regardless of the importance of your husband to you, you should introduce
him to your boss, who has the "senior" position as long as you're working
for him. And that's true regardless of his age or what you think of him.
This would perhaps be reversed if you were introducing a parent (or
especially a grandparent or other elderly person) to your boss.

That would depend on the context. In a social setting, perhaps so. In a
business setting, no. In a "mixed use" setting, such as the office
holiday party, then the principle "the roof constitutes an introduction"
holds.

B/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
What is at issue (which you would see if you'd read the rest of the
thread) is not whether an introduction is performed but who is
introduced to whom first.

If you'd read my answer in context you'd see I responded to that.

B/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Well, it seemed to me that you were addressing occasions when no
introduction is required.

I was addressing three situations, two of which you'd brought up. The
last one was an "out" in case someone couldn't/didn't understand the
protocol (as if it matters anyway, these days), and just wanted to
skedaddle. Your original message: