Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Smith Tom Smith is offline

Default Modifying template in Word 2007

Word 2007 under Win XP

I've just started using this new version. I've imported a template I used in
Word 2003. I don't seem to be able to change the template so that when it
opens it opens in "normal" view--or at least the equivalent to normal view.
I do seem to be able to open the template, and switch the view to what I
want. I even add and delete a couple of spaces so that the document will
have 'changed'. But when I try to open a document with the new template, it
comes up in print view.

Any suggestions? As usual, thanks to all. Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

By default in Word 2007 documents will not open in Draft (formerly Normal)
View. However, these steps will change the default behavior:

- Click the Microsoft Office Button
- Click Word Options
- Click Advanced
- Under the General section at the bottom, select "Allow opening a document
in Draft view"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Tom Smith" tomDOTsmith68AT@verizonDOTnet wrote in message
Word 2007 under Win XP

I've just started using this new version. I've imported a template I used
in Word 2003. I don't seem to be able to change the template so that when
it opens it opens in "normal" view--or at least the equivalent to normal
view. I do seem to be able to open the template, and switch the view to
what I want. I even add and delete a couple of spaces so that the document
will have 'changed'. But when I try to open a document with the new
template, it comes up in print view.

Any suggestions? As usual, thanks to all. Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're welcome. :-)

Beth Melton