Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Inno Inno is offline

Default Office 2007 - Will it Work on Win2000 OS

The MS website says that you require SP or Vista to run Office 2007.

Is this true? My sister has the hardware requirements but is running
Win 2000. Will the Office 2007 version of Word etc. work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Inno Inno is offline

On Jan 30, 9:27 pm, Inno wrote:
The MS website says that you require XP or Vista to run Office 2007.

Is this true? My sister has the hardware requirements but is running
Win 2000. Will the Office 2007 version of Word etc. work?

Make that XP not SP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Inno,

Office 2007 will not install and work on Windows versions lower than Windows XP +SP2. If you have a 'Virtual PC' type of emulator
that can work in Windows 2000 and can there run a Windows XP emulation it might work, but it would probably be pretty slow.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP