#1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Reference formats

Are other citation formats (under reference) available for Word 2007? I'm a
chemist and we don't use any of the ones available.
--
Rob Pfaff
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Reference formats

Hi Rob,

The Office 2007 Bibiliography/citations feature is mainly in XML and additional files can be created,
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...ions-1011.aspx
but so far the new ones seem rather slow or well hidden from making a web appearance I've found a couple of modified versions of
the 10 MS supplies with Office 2007, but only one separate one, IEEE.

There is one set of tools in work by a 3rd party, so far from the mac side, but likely not for free What style is the one your
looking for and do you have a link to the referecnce material specifying how citations and bibliography are to be formatted? (At a
guess, ACS?)

There are, of course already a number of both free and paid Citation/Bibliography utilities available, some with add-ins that work
with Word, so that could be another factor in not seeing more styles become available for Word 2007.

==============
"Rob" wrote in message ...
Are other citation formats (under reference) available for Word 2007? I'm a chemist and we don't use any of the ones available.

Rob Pfaff
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*