Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Test Engineer Test Engineer is offline

Default How to set "List Font names in their names" property in Word 2007

In word 2003 we can set this property from
Tools-customize-Options-Other-"List Font names in their font".

Where do we set it in Office 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good question. By default, font names are shown in their font, a feature I
usually disable, but I don't see a way to do that in Word 2007.

"Test Engineer" Test wrote in message
In word 2003 we can set this property from
Tools-customize-Options-Other-"List Font names in their font".

Where do we set it in Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is no longer a 'switch' for turning that feature off in Word 2007 that works. Possibly a 'consistency of the interface' choice
or just something that was overlooked, but the registry key for changing that,
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Toolbar s\
DWord Fontview
ValueSet 1 or 0
although listed in the customization reference as active, seems to be ignored in Office 2007.

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's disappointing, as I regard the display of fonts as something that is
nice to be able to switch on occasionally but mostly a great waste of space
and resources.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
There is no longer a 'switch' for turning that feature off in Word 2007
that works. Possibly a 'consistency of the interface' choice
or just something that was overlooked, but the registry key for changing
that,
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Toolbar s\
DWord Fontview
ValueSet 1 or 0
although listed in the customization reference as active, seems to be
ignored in Office 2007.

===========
"Test Engineer" Test wrote in
message
In word 2003 we can set this property from
Tools-customize-Options-Other-"List Font names in their font".

Where do we set it in Office 2007?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And, not surprisingly, setting CommandBars.DisplayFonts to False has no
effect either.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP