Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharad Sharad is offline

Default Track changes and comments in Word 2003

Thanks Beth.
What I am trying to achieve here is to see the changes (track change and
comments) for each reviewer at a time as well see all of them together (as
suggested here
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...html#Reviewers)
.. I could certainly accept or reject the changes using the track change
command. But I am not trying to do that here.
When I have a document with only comments from 2-3 reviewers and I use the
un-ticked or ticked command (Show €” Reviewers €”Untick), then I could
populate the document with all comments from all reviewer as well as see them
one at a time and the same thing is not happening when the document has both
(track changes (addition or deletion of text) and commands (ballons)
Sharad

Are you saying you want to Accept/Reject only those changes you see after
hiding some of the revisions? If so, then you need to use Accept/Reject All
Changes Shown. This command can be found by clicking the arrow next to the
Accept or Reject command.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

How do I display only the changes (or revisions) made by one author (or
reviewer)?
In Word 2002 or 2003, on the Reviewing toolbar, Show Reviewers, and tick
or un-tick names to choose the reviewer whose changes you want to see.

I tried the above step to hide the changes and comments of a reviewer from
multi-reviewer edited word document (created by compare and merge
documents).
The track changed text gets accepted and the the comment box disappears
for
the reviewer un-ticked (as suggested above). Is there any extra step that
need to follow to display only the changes (or revisions) made by one
autho?

Thanks